Shipping Loader Seasonal
Location: Yuma, AZ
With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight, Land O’Lakes, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic brands, DanoneWave has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world’s emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.
As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities. GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Distribution, the Shipping Loader loads pallets of finished product on transport trucks utilizing a forklift in a safe and efficient manner. Essential Functions Required:
- Verify and ensure pallet tags match with pallets to ensure correct SKUs and quantities prior to loading.
- Receive and execute loading instructions from Shipping Dispatchers.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the work area including cold room drains.
- Conduct a thorough forklift inspection prior to operating.
- Move controls to drive gasoline- or electric-powered forklift and transport materials between loading, processing, and storage areas.
- Move levers or controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, or elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, or stack material.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and secure material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Manually or mechanically load or unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
- Report any forklift mechanical issues to Shipping management.
- Requires Seasonal to Yuma, AZ
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Ensure compliance with all company rules and regulations, Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, Section 110.
- Contribute to a successful food safety culture by following the established guidelines as outlined in the Earthbound Farm Food Safety Policy.
- Follow all Company food safety protocols without fail.
- Always perform tasks in a manner that protects and promotes food safety.
- Proactively assist team members, managers and employees as needed.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and overtime as business needs.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
Related Experience, Qualifications and/or Certifications:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge:
- One (1) to (3) years forklift operating and inventory experience.
- Ability to speak, write and read in the English language (i.e. digital displays and written documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals); Bilingual/Bi-literate English and Spanish skills preferred.
- Must be willing and able to work in extremely cold temperatures (34-36 degrees F) and wet conditions.
- Basic arithmetic skills including the ability to count, add, subtract, multiply and perform basic division.
- This is a heavy labor position. Qualified candidates must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Prior experience using a computer-based Warehouse Management System (WMS) required.
DanonWave offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
DanoneWave is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic, or any other unlawful criterion in accordance with applicable law. DanoneWave will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with all legal requirements.