Location: Anniston, AL
Name: BAE Systems
Under direct supervision, learns and performs accounting concepts in the performance of accounting duties in accordance with well-established policies and procedures. Records, classifies, examines, and analyzes data and records of accounting transactions to ensure current, accurate and complete financial information.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Handles a variety of accounting assignments including the preparation, analysis, review, verification and reconciliation of various records, financial reports and statements.
2. Performs basic accounting tasks in general or specialized functions such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cost Accounting, General Accounting, Fixed Asset Accounting and Payroll Accounting.
3. Able to perform the vouchering of vendor invoices and payments to vendors in accordance with policies and guidelines
4. Able to perform invoicing and posts cash receipts to Accounts receivable in accordance with policies and guidelines.
5. Performs timely, accurate and cost effective administration of the hourly payroll and timekeeping function. Including related accounting andreporting for the Payroll Accountant
6. Prepares Journal Entries and Reconciliations as related to assigned responsibility area
7.Prepares Census reports and other Government reports as assigned.
8. Develops a thorough understanding of Accounting modules within applicable ERP systems
9. Develops and maintains Level III (Desk) Procedures for assigned activities
10.Maintains files and records according to records retention.
11.Maintains required levels of confidentiality in handling of sensitive information.
12. Other as assigned.
Minimum Education And Experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills And Education
1. 1. Work requires a Bachelor degree in Accounting plus 0 years' experience.
2. Knowledge of computers and various software programs required. Prefer MAPICS XA experience and solid EXCEL skills.
3. Must be conscientious and detail oriented.
4. Must possess problem-solving skills.
5. Must have good time management and communication skills
6.Must be able to handle multiple tasks as well as changing priorities and responsibilities
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression