Direct Care Staff - SequelCare of Arizona
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
928-777-3280 Ext. 313
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Apply online @ www.sequelemployment.com
SEQUELCARE OF ARIZONA
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our adults or youth?
Do you want a supportive work environment?
Do you want to lead a group of adults or adolescents to personal victory and success?
If you answered “yes' to any of these questions then Sequel Youth and Family Services may have the perfect job for you!!!!
SequelCare of Arizona offers an array of mental health services to youth and their caregivers through our Community Based and Residential Programs. The Community Based Services Program provides individual and family, as well as educational and targeted case management services to our consumers across Arizona. SequelCare provides residential care to clients in need of out of home care through its specialized therapeutic foster care program.
FT, PT, & PRN (Variable Hour) Positions Available
The appropriate BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PARAPROFESSIONAL (BHPP) candidate will have the:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, and student records.
- Ability to write documentation in student records, routine reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of students and peers.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Ensuring all client needs are met including but not limited to: meals provided, medications administered as prescribed, all documentation completed by the end of the shift
- Primary responsibilities - including helping them keep their room clean, monthly report and spending 'primary time' each month
- Supervision (face to face/signs of life checks at least every 15 minutes, if not more frequently
- Ensuring the safety of all clients
- Conducting groups, activities and outings according to the milieu schedule
- Preventing and de-escalating crisis according to SequelCare of AZ policy and protocols and
- Establishing and maintaining professional boundaries
Possess a High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card, or in current possession.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License.
- Must pass a TB test and medical exam capable of performing the essential functions of this job.
- Individual judgment, discretion, and decision making skills.
- Emotionally and physically able to assist in physical escorts. Must be able to help carry ill, injured, or incapacitated clients.
- Must be physically able to assist in AWOL searches in any terrain.
- Confidentiality and professionalism are essential.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance after 60 days
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending Program
- 401k after 60 days
- Paid time off and holiday pay