Location: Auburn, AL
The Dedicated Team Retail Coverage Merchandiser primarily provides retail sales merchandising coverage and coverage of retail special projects for a dedicated team within an assigned retail territory. They are responsible for representing ACOSTA and our principals through store coverage and executing objectives as set forth by their Sales or Unit Manager to achieve superior in-store results for a dedicated team in an assigned territory.
Please click here to view the Continuity Retail Coverage Merchandiser Job Preview (http://www.acosta.com/media/asap/asaprec2/index.htm)! The video will share specifics about the job and the work conditions.
- Deliver Sales Fundamentals (Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, and Pricing goals across all principals on agreed to retail priorities for a dedicated team in an assigned territory.
- Maintain continual improvement of sales coverage and productivity for a dedicated team in an assigned territory.
- Follow Company policy in execution of work.
- Collaborate with supervisors on all major retail initiatives (new product introductions, contests, etc.)
- Work with dedicated team principals in territory as assigned by supervisor.
- Personally call on and develop relationships with key retail store operations decision-makers which enable Business Managers to achieve the dedicated team principals' objectives.
- Develop and sell all key store personnel on major principal objectives such as brand information, shelf standards, etc.
- Coordinate all merchandising events for a dedicated team in assigned territory.
- Assist supervisors and Sales Manager in communicating customer needs, objectives, and future plans.
- Develop and execute retail territory coverage plan to ensure prioritized coverage goals are met.
- Develop and execute personal Performance Agreement.
- Perform special projects as assigned by supervisor or Sales Manager.
- Maintain full distribution and display of products in assigned accounts.
- Rotate stock, clean and stock display and price merchandise as appropriate.
- Perform such duties as checking date codes, ensuring adherence to approved plan-o-gram.
- Report observations to Unit Manager regarding outdated product, unbalanced stock, out-of-stock situations and point of purchase requirements.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Prior retail experience preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to drive a car for extended period of time.
- Must be available for overnight travel.
- Must be available for weekend work (Demos and Food Shows). Must be able to work nights and holidays.
- Must be willing and able to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail stores).
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others. Must have good vision and be able to operate a calculator, fax machine, telephone, copier, hand truck, pallet jack, hammer, screwdriver, drill and case cutter.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.