PWM Foundations Rotation Program for Aspiring Financial Advisors:
Foundations is an up to two-year, full-time rotational program that provides work experiences and learning opportunities in select wealth management functional areas.
The program serves as a foundation for entry into a long-term career as a Financial Advisor within Wealth Management.
The program was designed to attract top talent into Wealth Management, near the beginning of one’s career, helping us build our talent pipeline, as well as expand PWM’s age, gender, and ethnicity diversity.
The rotation framework includes foundational learning and experiences in the following areas:
If entering the program unlicensed, Foundations Associates will spend the first 3 months in the program studying for and attaining the Series 7 and 66 licenses.
2. Research, Products and Services:
Members of Research, Products & Services work closely with Financial Advisors, Sales Assistants, Branch Managers and others to ensure that our clients are utilizing the very best of what Baird has to offer. Specific departments within this area included in the rotation are: Financial & Estate planning, Product Management, Technology, and Asset Manager Research.
The Operations area of a securities firm provides a host of varied activities to business units and clients. Once a Financial Advisor receives a purchase order from a client, the Operations area performs a myriad of tasks such as order processing, comparison, settlement, payment of income distributions, client statement production, cost basis adjustments, tax reporting and being regulatory compliant with self-regulatory organizations (e.g. FINRA, SEC, et al.). Specific departments within this area included in the rotation are: Client Services, Fee Based Account Administration, Mutual Fund Operations, Annuity & Insurance Operations, and Cashiers/Treasury Management.
4. Branch Rotation:
The associate gains field experience as they engage with FA teams in a particular branch. Approximately 12 months of their program is spent in the field, giving them two or three separate branch rotations where they will get firsthand practical experience working on a team, getting exposure to products, processes, systems, meetings and all other aspects of branch life necessary to serving our clients. This experience helps develop them on their path to becoming a Financial Advisor and allows the opportunity to network with FAs/FA teams as they work toward finding a permanent team to join.
5. Transition Team:
Members of the Transition Team provide onsite, branch support for a Financial Advisor or team that is moving their business to Baird. They support a transition through opening accounts and activating services, providing training, and offering consistent follow up both on-site and after the onsite support is completed.
6. Business Development Consulting:
Working with the Business Development Consultants, a Foundations Associate will review practice performance reports and spend time on projects to better understand the fundamentals of Practice Management. There is opportunity to gain a broad view of PWM Leadership areas including PWM’s Growth Initiative, Cross-selling, Recruiting and Branch Support.
7. Marketing & Communications:
Members of the PWM Marketing & Communications work closely with Advisors, Sales Assistants, Branch Managers and others to provide marketing to the advisors practice, as well as the branch. They also play an important part in communicating with external clients.
8. Client Resource Team:
Members of the Client Resource Team allow Financial Advisors to streamline their portfolio and run a more efficient business model, creating opportunity for a greater level of services to their clients with the most relationship potential. The Foundations Associate will gain experience as he/she fields incoming and makes outgoing client calls in a monitored environment. The experience involves follow-up on client requests, including taking/placing orders, customer service and problem-solving.What makes this opportunity great?
What we look for:
- Opportunity to obtain Series 7 & 66 licenses, along with completing the educational and some experience requirements for the CFP Designation during the program
- Extensive resources and time dedicated to the development necessary to jump start your journey to becoming a Financial Advisor
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and leaders, developing your ability to be flexible and highly adaptable
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
This Wealth Management Rotational Program is for entrepreneurial and career-minded individuals. Baird is selectively seeking highly driven, people-oriented candidates interested in a long-term career as a Financial Advisor. Ideal candidates will have a solid work history in sales and
business and are looking to make a career path in the Financial Services Industry.
Additional ideal attributes include:
Who we are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Marketing preferred but certainly open to other majors as well
- Open to being based out of Milwaukee, WI for 6-12 months during the training period and also open to relocation where business opportunities exist post-completion of the program
- 1-5 years prior experience, including but not limited to, applicable internship experience within a financial services setting
- Demonstrated leadership experience with exceptional communications skills
- Must have the ability to obtain the Series 7 & 66 licenses within 6 months of hire and to pass the examination portion of the CFP by the conclusion of the program
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with more than 100 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has more than $171 billion in client assets and over 3,300 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 4 on the Fortune
Magazine Top 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017, its fourteenth consecutive year on the list. To learn more about Baird’s culture, click here.