Special Procedures Lab RN
Location: Kankakee, IL
The SPL Staff RN is responsible for applying the nursing process in the administration of total nursing care of each patient in the Special Procedure Lab environment. Provides optimum patient care througn personal performance and/or leadership of subordinate personnel.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- PRN/TR (As Needed)
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing, BSN preferred. As of 1/1/18 must obtain BSN with 4 years of hire or transfer.
License or Certification Requirements:
- Current IL RN licensure
- Current CPR training preferred
- SGNA certification preferred
- ASPAN certfication preferred
- ACLS certification within 6 months of hire
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the patient's nursing diagnoses or patient problems.
- Coordinates care delivery through the utilization of department, organization and community models and resources; critical thinking; interdisciplinary teamwork; patient advocacy; and the unique nurse-patient connection, and identifies and uses available resources to define and implement the plan of care.
- Detects and collects comprehensive data and identifies patterns pertinent to the patient's health and unique situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes, based on the patient's individualized situation and anticipated needs.
- Effectively handles EPIC Documentation (Assessment, Discharge, Find & Track Patients, History, Intra-procedure, Medications, Lines/Drains/Airways, Patient Education, Speciments, Vitals, Find a Case, Schedule/Modify a Case, Recovery Nurse-Blood, PACU-Intake & Output, PACU - Orders, Printing Labels & Face Sheets, Printing Specimen Labels, Scanned Document Types, Scanning Documents, Enter/Edit Results
- Effectively handles procedures: EGD, Colonoscopy, EGD/Colon, ERCP, EUS, EBUS, ENB, Bronchoscopy, Paracentesis, Thoracentesis, Pain Management cases, Adult circumcision, Cystoscopy, Urodynamic Study, Halo procedures, Plurex catheters placements, Vasectomy, Minor Procedures
- Effects changes through engagement, involvement, and participation of peers and colleagues, leading others where they need to be rather than where they want to go (American Nurses Credentialing Center [ANCC]).
- Employs strategies, including the art of translation, to promote healthy behaviors for patients and families.
- Enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice through communication, documentation, initiation of change, creativity, innovation, participation ini quality improvement (QI), evidence based practice (EBP), and research processes.
- Evaluates one's own nursing practice in relation to the Illinois Nurse Practice Act and professional practice standards and guidelines.
- Evaluates progress toward effective attainment of patient, family and community goals.
- Implements the identified plan based on the nursing process, our nursing mission and philosophy, and our organization's mission.
- Mentors others in all aspects of nursing practice.
* Registered Nurse
* BACHELOR SCIENCE NURSING
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.