Location: Decatur, AL
Name: Cardinal Health
Data Administration Coordinator
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Sleep Scheduler communicates with patients via phone to provide a clear overview of the prescribed Home Sleep Test, gathers necessary demographic and insurance information, and schedule a testing device to be shipped. The position requires knowledge of computers, customer service, technology, and telecommunications to perform the required tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Schedule patients for Home Sleep Testing
2. Answer incoming patient calls
3. Placing outbound calls to patients
4. Obtains and verifies insurance information from the patients
5. Updates patient files with corrected insurance and address information
6. Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate.
High school education or equivalent required; minimum of three (3) years of customer service and/or medical scheduling experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of medical insurance preferred.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Ability Requirements:
1. Proficient in MS Internet Explorer, Excel and various MS office programs
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
3. Excellent phone manner
4. Organizational skills, detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
1. Sedentary physical activity requiring reaching, sifting, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
2. Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
3. 50% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
4. Associate is occasionally required to stand, walk (or otherwise be mobile).
5. Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
What is expected of you and others at this level