Location: Green Bay, WI
Schneider is seeking a creative Transportation Engineer to design and develop transportation solutions for new business proposals, as well as identify and provide solutions for improving operational efficiencies for current business projects. As a Transportation Engineer, you will work independently on developing practical solutions that help our customers meet their objectives. This role is an opportunity to not only gain experience in our award winning TECH team, but also network and gain business knowledge with one of the best in the transportation industry!
In this role, you will:
- Identify cost-saving opportunities by creating transportation solutions such as dedicated fleet design, routing, scheduling, backhaul matches, slip-seating, cross-docking, hub-and-spoke, mode conversion, freight consolidation, touring, continuous moves
- Present an engineering analysis to both technical and non-technical business audiences indicating a range of possible alternatives, solution pros and cons, and providing recommendations, while interpreting results, influencing decision-makers, and understanding business implications
- Collaborate with Senior Lead Transportation Engineers to decide on approach and design for projects
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider values individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here.
You will need:
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related analytical field
- Two years of significant experience in transportation or logistics to include knowledge of routing, fleet design, solution techniques and tools; programming skills or simulation/routing experience
- Understanding of transportation problems such as government regulations, Driver HOS, Driver issues and equipment capabilities and configurations
- Sufficient understanding of business operations and practices and be able to apply the appropriate methods, models, and analysis with minimal direction and maintain existing models for engineering analysis
- Basic knowledge of statistics modeling, solutiontechniques and tools
- Ability to understand the uses and limitationsof statistical methodologies such as time-series forecasting, regressionanalysis, random forests, k-means clustering and Bayesian methods, machinelearning, and the ability to select the appropriate methodology to completeassignments
- Ability to learn and utilize statisticalprogramming languages and tools such as R, SAS, Python SQL, SPSS, and Tableau
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.