Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Our client is currently seeking a System Administrator
This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Manages and maintains complex systems.
- Performs implementations and upgrades in compliance with security guidelines.
- Ensures availability, security and integrity of assigned systems.
- Monitors systems, including setting alerts to maintain the stability of the environment and monitoring error logs.
- Troubleshoots or escalates issues as needed.
- Evaluates and identifies ways to automate, streamline, and improve day-to-day maintenance and administrative practices.
- Installs or coordinates installation of patches and releases on development, test, pre-production, and production systems.
- Serves as central point of contact and as a liaison to other IT departments and vendors regarding installations, server maintenance, licensing and upgrade issues.
- Effectively manages communication between end users, vendors, and IT departments to solve production, pre-production, test, and t environment problems quickly.
- Creates and maintains accurate system run book for assigned systems.
- Maintains current description and documentation of application configuration, including tracking and documenting any changes to environments.
- Assists in capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning on assigned systems.
- Participates in business continuity and disaster recovery planning, including assisting with fault tolerance and disaster recovery plans.
- Windows based systems, need solid Windows server experience at the enterprise admin level
- Need automated scripting experience using tools such as PowerShell, Python, Perl, etc.
- Project is for a migration of Windows 2008 servers to v. 2012, then to v. 2016, then to v. 2019 (80 total Windows servers).
- Mobius ASG experience highly desired
- Position is contract only at this time with potential extensions.
- Work needs to be performed onsite in St. Pete, no remote work
- Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and three (3) years of relevant experience preferably in systems or application administration or combination of education, training and experience.
- Concepts, principles and practices of systems administration.
- Application and web technologies.
- Monitoring tools to ensure required availability of assigned systems.
- Active Directory and DNS.
- Backup and recovery technologies.
- Virtualization concepts and technologies.
- Network and security concepts and technologies.