Location: Rensselaer, NY
Production Technician in Rensselaer, NY
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Production Technician is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by weighing out chemicals and preparing various types of solutions for use in process. Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complete building specific safety training.
- Understand common chemical terminology; Reflux, Distillation, Azeptrope, Separations, pH, ML’s, Filtration, Melting Point, Flash point, Vapor Pressure, Density, Boiling Point, Filter Press and Filtrate.
- Read, understand and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Proper weighing and scale operation.
- Understand and maintain plant documentation; Batch Records, Cleaning Protocols, Equipment Use Logs, Equipment Status Tags and Labeling systems/Label generation.
- Review of batch records.
- Document training on Standard Operation Procedures review.
- Equipment Inspection.
- Drum and package material. Cleaning disposition and placement on pallets.
- Understand purging.
- Follow labeling procedures.
- Read and understand sampling and analytical report forms.
- Use, clean and resetting of Niagara, ceramic and Furan box filters.
- Must have basic kettle operations.
- Calibration of ph meters.
- Ability to set up and charge reactors.
- Understand the Scrubber operation and recharging.
- Proper grounding practices.
- Knowledge of plant emergency notification and response procedures.
- Control of intermediates.
- Ability to accept raw materials.
- Control of finished products.
- Proficient use of HHT’s and bar code system.
- Conduct pressure filter operation.
- Set up rectors for reflux, distillation and azeotrope.
- Knowledge of one process in assigned building.
- Use and understand pumps.
- Use of TCM’s.
- Operation of manual jacket services for reactor heating and cooling.
- Proficient in documentation.
- Follow AMRI’s dress code and personal protective equipment SOP.
- Perform all duties safely in accordance with AMRI-Rensselaer Safety Program.
- Perform all duties within the guidelines outlined by Good Manufacturing Practices for active pharmaceutical intermediates.
- Perform all duties in an environmentally compliant manner in accordance with the AMRI-Rensselaer Environmental Program.
- Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of products and/or service.
- Participate in self-development activities.
- Completes the Production Technician Core Competency in the Learning Management System.
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift maximum of 50 lbs
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to follow FDA manufacturing
- Knowledge and understanding of plant
documentation such as batch records, cleaning protocols, equipment use
logs, equipment status tags, and labeling systems/label generation
- Associates or Bachelor's degree
- Prior chemical experience
All interested applicants must apply
online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with
disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.