Location: Anniston, AL
BAE Systems Combat Vehicles has openings for Cutter/Drillers to support our Anniston VUOC Site. These positions are Union Represented.
Uses cutting torches (oxygen/acetylene & plasma) for the removal of welds and existing parts. Also uses pneumatic grinders and saws for removal. Sets up and operates metal removal and drilling machines/equipment. Performs other duties as assigned.
Position Responsibilities:Required Skills and Education
- Works from engineering drawings, operation sheets, process sheets, and project specifications. Inspects work using precision measuring instruments.
- Operates oxy-fuel cutting equipment as well as a plasma torch for the purpose of cutting.
- Operates pneumatic tooling such as grinders, sanders, drills, and threaded hole tapping equipment for the purpose of fit up.
- Performs setup and operates machining equipment such as radial drill, drill presses, routing equipment, and positive feed air drills. Uses fixtures and templates to locate features.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
- Work requires high school diploma or GED, in addition to training in Oxy-fuel cutting torches and plasma arc burning.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Work requires physical dexterity necessary to work in small areas, ability to wear a respiratory device, and the ability to endure high temperature areas.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression