OR Liaison-Travel Program
Location: Huntsville, AL
Our Mission: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries.
Coordination and oversight of daily activities between the OR and Sterile Processing Department (SPD) to facilitate efficient case flow. Responsible for assisting in projects and process improvement initiatives in compliance with contractual obligations. Promotes customer service/satisfaction through training, education, and resolution of OR frictions for the facility. Perform duties in accordance with hospital, TJC, AORN, AAMI and other appropriate policies and procedures. This is a full time (non-contract) position that provides benefits, paid time off and paid holidays. Travel 75-100%.
- Assists the operating room staff in preparing the O.R. suite for surgery by verifying instrument trays are available prior to case start times.
- Keeps track of case flow during the day, monitor instrument needs, and notify SPD personnel in advance of any possible additional/emergent instrumentation needs. Must be able to resolve issues or offer alternatives when necessary.
- Assist with planning and coordination of instrument turnarounds. Help communicate to the surgical team essential instrumentation information that may affect or delay surgery start time.
- Assist OR and SPD leadership on preference card creation and/or changes to ensure accuracy.
- Assists in and monitors projects on an as needed basis. Identifies instrumentation related to tray additions and reconfigurations, building surgeons specialty sets, etc. Reports findings and revisions to the CSPM Manager.
- Participates and assists in new IMS employee orientation, on the job training, in-service education and IMS or facility quality assurance programs when needed.
- Responds to problem calls from Surgery during regular business hours as required by the contract deliverables.
- Always communicates in a professional manner to all hospital staff and company employees.
- Assist in the transportation of sterilized instrumentation to the operating rooms as needed.
- Assists in removing soiled case carts or un-sterile instrumentation and scopes from the operating room department.
- Ensures quality of care by assisting in the cleaning, and maintaining hospital instrumentation by following manufacturers IFUs per contract deliverables.
- Able to Process and cleans any required equipment according to IMS and manufacture’s guidelines, including the use of protective equipment as indicated in IMS SOP’s.
- Places instrumentation in appropriate containers using correct count sheet.
- Verifies that required instrumentation has been sterilized and is available for next-day, call or weekend cases.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the application/use of instrumentation. Reports broken instrumentation to appropriate member of management.
- Ensures continuity and quality of surgical procedures by providing support services in the operating room.
- Perform daily required audits of KPI data to include:
- Case cart audits
- Room visits for OR frictions
- Post case cart audits
- Tray Audits
Duties - cont'd
- Enter KPI data into IMS portal on a daily basis.
- Performs KPI data analysis to understand trends and identify operational issues within the operating rooms and SPD.
- Daily communication with OR management and SPD leadership on instrument needs turn overs, and frictions.
- Perform OR/SPD satisfaction surveys when required.
- Demonstrates dependability and accountability as an IMS employee.
- Presents in the hospital at scheduled time and consistently ready for work assignments.
- Adheres to IMS dress requirements in street and O.R. attire, neat and well-groomed at all times.
- Willingly accepts assignments and performs effectively on a daily basis.
- Shares knowledge with co-workers through open communication and continuous upgrading of skills.
- Follows chain of command within hospital and Company regarding problems or issues to ensure proper communication and resolution.
- Completes documentation as required for inventory/equipment requests, instrument sets, etc.
- Meets and works with Operating Room staff and surgeons.
- Requires thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and is capable of learning software programs and/or hardware as required.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships; execute customer service, leadership, adaptability, and problem solving.
- Knowledge of O.R. workflow, procedures, medical terminology, instrumentation.
- Knowledge of infection control and health & safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor coworkers and all levels of a hospital, including the Operating Room and physicians.
- Demonstrated customer centric behavior. Proficient analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, plan, and resolve issues in complex situations.
- Ability to multi-task projects including the ability to plan and organize
- Flexible and self-motivated.
- Ability to read and understand applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete this application and/or during the interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources department at 440-392-7047.