Location: Yuma, AZ
With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight, Land O’Lakes, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega™ and Wallaby Organic brands, DanoneWave has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world’s emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.
As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Distribution, the Shipping Supervisor supervises and coordinates the day-to-day activities of all Shipping team members. This individual is responsible for ensuring the shipping team delivers world-class customer service to internal and external customers by timely and accurately checking trucks in and out of the loading docks. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete and analyze departmental performance reports on a weekly basis.
- Maintain current shipping office procedures.
- Improve current shipping office procedures and create new processes to optimize efficiency.
- Manage, document, and implement new and improved processes, also train staff for effective execution.
- Ensure shipping team members take scheduled breaks and lunches, and finish shifts on time.
- Address and correct employee performance issues promptly and effectively.
- Manage and execute the training of shipping team members on Department and Earthbound Farm policies and procedures.
- Ensure employees work in a safe manner, that equipment is properly maintained to operate safely, and that hazards are promptly identified and corrected.
- Ensure equipment issued to team members is in good working condition and has been allocated to the shipping department.
- Monitor and maintain cold room housekeeping, ensuring audit and inspection readiness at all times.
- Ensure all documents and paperwork are properly filed.
- Seasonal relocation to Yuma, AZ required
Preferred Candidate Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ensure compliance with all company rules and regulations, Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, Section 110.
- Contribute to a successful food safety culture by following the established guidelines as outlined in the Earthbound Farm Food Safety Policy.
- Follow all Company food safety protocols without fail.
- Always perform tasks in a manner that protects and promotes food safety.
- Proactively assist team members, managers and employees as needed.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and overtime as business needs required.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task at hand and consistently deliver error free results.
- Three (3) to five (5) years shipping supervisory experience.
- Ability to speak, write and read in the English language (i.e. digital displays and written documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals); Bilingual/Bi-literate English and Spanish skills preferred.
- Must be willing and able to work in extremely cold temperatures (34-36 degrees F) and wet conditions.
- Basic arithmetic skills including the ability to count, add, subtract, multiply and perform basic division.
- This is a heavy labor position. Qualified candidates must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Prior experience using computer-based Warehouse Management System and Inventory Control system required.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook
DanonWave offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
DanoneWave is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic, or any other unlawful criterion in accordance with applicable law. DanoneWave will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with all legal requirements.