Sr. Analyst, HCI Planning & Analytics
Location: Irvine, CA
Name: Hyundai America
Responsible for data mining, normalizing and reporting of all essential department metrics to support HCI operations. Support team lead on the design, development, and automation of business information systems and analytical solutions. Take lead on developing validation processes, creating analytical models to support department decisions and improving the team's reporting processes. The scope will include data management & oversight (Enterprise Data Warehouse data integration with HCA), KPI Monitoring, Reporting, Dashboards, Database Support, and daily field sales operations and management support.
Essential Job Function:
- Lead the design and implementation of department Business Intelligence tools and database enhancements to improve the efficiency of department reporting and analysis. Optimizing the effectiveness through ease-of-use by non-technical positions (Tableau, SQL, EDW, OBIEE, etc)
- Support incentive programs through evaluation of historical data to set program targets, monitoring performance, analyzing results via post-mortem review, summarizing program outcomes and effectively communicate analysis with recommendations to senior management
- Support analysis of big data for senior management to arrive at optimal and realistic business decisions, develop KPI performance monitoring and initiative tracking executive dashboards through ad-hoc data-mining. (Examples: field sales productivity, performance management)
- Build out sales and executive reports and dashboards within designated platform by gathering business requirements, creating data structure, developing layout, demo of reports and deployment of approved reporting. Maintain frequency and accuracy of these reports.
- Support on analytical projects including planning, scheduling, and status reporting to ensure successful implementation. Interface with Business Systems and Process Improvement Teams outside vendors (Safeguard, DealerTrack, Salesforce.com, etc...) as needed
- Run ad-hoc reports and analysis on an as-needed basis
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (SQL, SAS, Excel, Tableau, Python, R, OBIEE)
- Experienced Big Data analytics with solid data mining, quantitative, statistical, modeling, and analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills to recommend solutions
- Resourceful and innovative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed and results oriented
Education and Experience:
- Experience developing analytical tools and models
- Prefer 3+ years related auto insurance or finance / captive finance industry experience (Insurance, Credit, Funding, Collections, etc.)
- 5+ years prior work experience as a business analyst or related position
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, Math, Statistics, or other related field
Physical Requirements and Working Condition:
Employees in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels. Work is performed in an office environment.