TALENT DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL (TDP)
Location: Decatur, AL
Job purpose:Individuals hired as Talent Development Professionals will be placed in a 12-18 month intensive, hands-on developmental program that will build the foundation for a long successful career in CEMEX USA. During the program, Talent Development Professionals will learn the operational aspects of the Business Line Talent Towers in order to become a subject matter expert in their field, participate in leadership development sessions in order to enhance management capabilities, and participate in several action learning projects in order to collaborate and network with others.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Be an advocate for safety
- Acquire specific knowledge on the practices of Talent Tower
- Enhance leadership capabilities
- Acquire a sense of global business
- Learn by working in specific job positions (hands on experience)
- Obtain a network of contacts and resources
- Present continuous improvement ideas
- Develop technical and managerial skills
- Adhere to all CEMEX and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a GPA of 2.75 or higher in:
- Business Administration
- Construction Management
- 3 years maximum work experience; experience in the related industry preferred
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and initiative
- Demonstrated capability of conducting hands-on field work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team oriented
- Must be willing to relocate domestically
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors.
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires stationary position, traverse, move, transport, and the ability to significant degree to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, or position
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates.
En EspanolCEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified Applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.