Location: Kankakee, IL
The licensed nurse is responsible for assessing the needs of each resident and planning the nursing care necessary to meet those needs, including the spiritual, emotional, and physiological needs. Once planned, the licensed nurse is responsible to see that the plan of care is carried out through performances and/or leadership of subordinate personnel documented accountablity for nursing observations, interactions, assessments of patient responses and plan for future action and education.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing, BSN preferred.
License or Certification Requirements:
- Current registration with the Illinois Board of Examiners and the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation and Education.
Work Schedule: Nights
Location: Miller Nursing Home
- Assigns and supervises duties, coordinates nursing service to residents.
- Administers medications, treatments, and various procedures ordered by the physician in timely and safe manner.
- Maintains accurate charting and maintenance of resident's records, care plan, follow-up/follow through with interventions and changes as appropriate.
- Evaluates all nursing care to insure that the needs of the residents are being et effectively and efficiently.
- Provides an accurate and thorough report to oncoming staff assuming care for residents in a private area. Reports changes in condition to physician, Charge Nurse and others as appropriate. Communicates and/or documents changes in condition or behavior of resident to MD and charge nurse and other healthcare team members as appropriate through shift.
- Reports all unusual conditions, occurrences, complaints or reactions to ADON, DON or appropriate department manager in a timely manner.
- Assumes responsibility for obtaining continuing education relating to care of the geriatric , standards of care, federal state and local regulations.
- Actively participates in nursing department meetings, town meetings, employee opinion surveys. Provides communication and feedback with development, implementation and evaluation of delivery of care, Sojourn and RMC health system initiatives.
- Provides professional resident centered nursing care for residents following established standards and practices in the delivery of care and treatment.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment for residents and staff. Responsible for equipment assigned for resident care is clean. Reports and removes any equipment that is not functioning properly. Understands and implements the principles of infection control, consistently using standard precautions and washes hands after each resident contact. Removes and disposes of gloves after each resident contact.
- Mentors others in all aspects of nursing practice. Also handles other responsibilities as assigned for the safety and care of residents which could include charge nurse responsibilities as needed.
* Registered Nurse
* BACHELOR SCIENCE NURSING
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.