Refining Process Department Manager (ASH 1871)
Location: Ashland, KY
Process Department Manager
Functional Role Description:
The Discipline Manager (DM) manages and directs the work of staff design personnel under minimal supervision in order to complete assigned work on time, within budget, and in accordance with applicable codes/standards and Middough Work Process guidelines. The DM performs difficult and complex duties requiring independent decisions and extensive related experience. DM’s administer corporate policy as required and develop and implements long range employee development plans and objectives. DM’s develop staffing guidelines with responsibility for all personnel transactions in their assigned department(s). The DM provides technical leadership and assists engineers in solving complex design engineering problems through state-of-the-art technology and drives all related efforts in the development of, and advancement in technology excellence.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Performs engineering analysis and design on complex or unique problems.
- Uses Middough work processes to provide quality checks and reviews of all assigned projects.
- Provides support and input for client proposals, SOQ’s, and presentations.
- Plans, develops, coordinates and directs department personnel to the successful completion of projects.
- Uses scheduling tool(s) to prepare and maintain schedules ensuring projects are on time and within budget projections.
- Manages quality and accuracy standards and reviews and approves completed design plans.
- Determines technology staffing needs and recruits, hires, develops and motivates discipline team.
- Can take an active role in support of business development activities.
- 15+ years chemical process engineering experience in a consulting organization
- Refining or Petrochemical plant technical experience required.
- Experience in managing and directing staff design personnel
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of design codes
- PE license
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- frequently use close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
Middough Inc. does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e. H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
- The job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require occasional overnight travel to a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.