Location: Austin, TX
Cable Tech Austin, TX
Purpose of Job: Our client is looking for several experienced cable technicians to join their team on a contract basis. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform installation and service of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, communication equipment and other various low voltage related systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, and Category 6.
- Experience with commercial installation projects including A/V, Data, Security(access control)
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot cabling infrastructure systems and perform repairs as necessary.
- Perform upgrades and additions to cabling infrastructure systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- Education/Experience Requirements Minimum 2+ years of experience installing, servicing, and maintaining low voltage cable infrastructure systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Valid driver's license and ability to safely drive own vehicle.