Join First Transit as Fleet Diesel Technician! Servicing Auburn University
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly wages based on experience & qualifications + ASE bonus money!
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment
Diesel Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Diesel Mechanic job requirements:
- Technical training preferred
- 3+ years of direct diesel repair experience (Transit or Heavy Duty Fleet preferred)
- Demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules and operating shop repair equipment
- Valid driver's license; Ability to obtain CDL within 90 days of employment
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- ASE Certifications are preferred
- Subject to background check and drug screen
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.