Compliance Officer (Relocate to North Western AR)
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Pay: $60,000.00 - $85,000.00 /Year
The Compliance Officer will regularly consult with the CEO & Chief Compliance Officer regarding all aspects of the Compliance Management System. They will assist in the review of policies, guidelines, procedures, make recommendations to management, perform testing, generate reports, prepare tracking reports and risk assessments.
Review laws and regulations; Bank Secrecy Act, Patriot Act, OFAC, and other regulations as needed
- Complete risk assessments and serve as a compliance resource on projects during the implementation of new products, processes, and services, including review and implementation of new or enhanced policies and procedures.
- Act as the bank's primary contact for regulatory compliance research, analysis, and interpretation involving a high degree of accuracy, tact, and diplomacy in interpreting and communicating regulatory compliance issues with management.
- Provide timely and accurate reports on new requirements with solution driven processes to implement changes
- Validate and ensure that the applicable staff is adequately notified and trained
- Disseminate information, answer questions, and serve as a subject matter expert for the bank on all compliance related issues
- Assess risk potential of current procedures and propose potential changes that will minimize risk exposure
- Identify regulatory impact of new and/or revised products and services
- Assist in the revision and/or design of forms, products, website, programs, and promotions to ensure compliance with all state and federal rules and regulations
- Develop or assist in the development of compliance training programs. Conduct BSA committee meetings and coordinate reporting
- Oversee the vendor management program and work with relationship managers to ensure current and accurate contracts, financials, and due diligence are maintained for all third-party relationships
- Five or more years previous experience in Compliance; related experience in areas such as bank auditing, lending or operations, regulatory examination, loan review, and/or as bank counsel may be considered.
- Juris Doctorate preferred but not required
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager, or equivalent current professional or regulatory certification preferred.
- knowledge of securities is a plus
Please contact Linay McCrady directly or email for more information on this position, or any other positions you might be interested in.
gpac (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States over the past 25 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status.