The position requires proven capabilities to oversee the maintenance of existing applications in addition to demonstrated proficiency overseeing the design and development of distributed systems. The individual must be able to facilitate interaction with the business community to develop business and technical specifications and participate in the testing and implementation of Commercial Insurance applications.
- Gain the knowledge of applications systems through appropriate questioning approaches and effective use of provided documentation and mentorship.
- In conjunction with the appropriate Business units, assist with the project requirements gathering process, demonstrating the ability to facilitate discovery sessions, gain an understanding of the business process and translate them to system solutions. Effective oral and written communication skills are necessary. Clear and concise written documentation of design and specifications is essential.
- Coordinate and oversee execution of development initiatives across development team, including:
- The coordination and delineation of task assignments within the defined development team
- Reviews of code and/or SDLC documentation as necessary
- Reporting of status, delivery tracking, estimates, etc. of project/release related efforts
- Alignment of plan and execution for testing phases
- Coordination of implementation plan and resulting implementation execution
- Develop code based on requirements, conduct unit testing, and support user testing
- Provide production application support during business hours as well as on-call support of nightly processes.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.