Mechanical and Electrical Assembler
Location: Anniston, AL
Job Description BAE Systems Combat Vehicles has openings for Assemblers to support our Anniston VUOC Site. These positions are Union Represented.
SummaryPerforms trouble shooting for various vehicle system, i.e., electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, fuel, power train, suspension, etc. Also performs a board range of assembly tasks in the plant. Such function may include, but are not limited to, assembly, cycling and preparation & shipment and inspection. Serves as a resource o other team members.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Performs some combination of the following:1. Works from engineering drawings, such as assembly, hydraulic, electrical drawings, including schematics and pictorials, technical manuals and station instruction sheets.
2. Performs troubleshooting tasks on vehicle systems, such as, electrical, mechanical, functional, hydraulics, fuel, power train, suspension, etc.
3. Performs functional testing of vehicles according to final inspection requirements (FIR).
4. Performs assembly tasks in all stations, as required.
5. Performs material handling tasks and moving functions, using hand and power equipment as required
6. Conducts test and prepares test reports
7. Assesses current vehicle status, noting parts to replace, parts missing, and overhaul condition and documents assessment information.Required Skills and Education