Location: Tulsa, OK
Pay: $12.00 - $16.00 /Hour
Local manufacturing company is seeking a mechanical assembler/crater for a 2nd shift role. (Hours are 2:30pm to 12:30am.)
- Fabricates wooden crates or boxes, using woodworking hand tools and powered tools, and packs such items as machinery or other large or odd-shaped products.
- Reads blueprints, shipping notices, and other specifications, and inspects product to determine size and shape of container, materials to be used, and types of supports and braces to be used.
- Lays out dimensions on materials with ruler, measuring tape, and pencil.
- Saws materials to size, using handsaws and powered saws.
- Assembles materials, using nailing or stapling machine, screws, bolts, glue, and hand tools.
- Places product in container, manually or using hoist.
- Bolts heavy pieces to bottom of container or skid.
- Wraps and pads product with excelsior, paper or other packing material.
- Builds crate around large or odd-shaped articles.
- Nails cover on crate.
- Wraps and tightens metal bands around crate, using banding equipment.
- Attaches identification labels or stencils containing such information as shipping destination, weight, and type of product contained on crate.
- Repairs broken crates.
- May count items to be packed to ensure compliance with shipping orders.
- May weigh loaded crate.
- May move container to shipping area, and move lumber, paper, and other wrapping supplies to crating area, using hand or industrial truck.
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to read tape measure and bluepints.
- Experience with electrical saws (Panel saw, Jigsaw, & Miter saw).
- Experience with pneumatic nail and staple guns.
- Forklift experience.
Must be able to lift +/- 50 lbs. Must be able to go up and down stairs.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.