Per Diem Respiratory Therapist
Position Summary: The Respiratory Therapist delivers and provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures. He or She ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and maintain equipment and assists patients in solving problems regarding equipment use.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts and equipment maintenance checks.
- Completes necessary paperwork including daily delivery logs, plans of care and treatment, and any other paperwork required by the company.
- Inspects and tests equipment to ensure proper operating condition both in the field and at the office.
- Provides and evaluates the effectiveness of respiratory care, coordinates respiratory services, and performs respiratory care services in accordance with the physician’s orders. Services include delivery, set-up, education, assessment, monitoring, treatment administration and care, as related to the individualized plan of care.
- Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition and home environment.
- Graduate of an AMA approved respiratory program is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Credentials with the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) preferred, Certified Respiratory Technician (CRT) accepted. Must have current state professional license.
- A minimum of 1 year experience, or as required by law and regulation, in respiratory care is required.
- Experience with home medical equipment is highly desired.
- Current CPR certification and attainment of company direct patient care health requirements is required before interacting with patients