Laboratory Engineering Manager
Location: Montgomery, AL
This exciting role as a Laboratory Engineering Manager will be responsible for management and maintenance of the Product Development Laboratory facilities including satellite test facilities, storage areas and the Model Shop by ensuring that all test equipment, instrumentation and utilities continually operate accurately within acceptable industry standards. This position will establish plans, develop schedules and make assignments to initiate and maintain a predictive/preventative maintenance program, in addition to writing and maintaining specifications and procedures for new and existing laboratory facilities and test equipment.
This position will serve our Water Heater Division, located in Montgomery, AL
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain a state of the art testing and Model Shop facility by directing specifications, procedures, work instructions, purchase, installation and training for new and existing laboratory facilities and test equipment.
- Coordinate and conduct training on new and existing laboratory facilities, test equipment and instrumentation.
- Supervise and manage the planning, budgeting, and assignment of all Product Development Laboratory personnel.
- Coordinate laboratory activities to determine essential methodologies for performance, qualification, certification and reliability testing.
- Develop and administer an Inventory Management Control System for the Product Development Laboratory.
- Maintain accurate continuous operation and correlation with industry standard testing laboratories of all test equipment, instrumentation and utilities. Examples include but are not limited to energy efficiency test stations/facilities, NOx testing equipment, LDO facility, gasoline spill facility, butane facility, 1400 gas cart, etc.
- Develop, initiate and maintain a predictive/preventative maintenance program of all Product Development Laboratory, satellite test facilities, storage areas and Model Shop equipment. Establish schedules and make appropriate assignments of personnel to administer this effort.
WHAT YOU NEED
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Bachelor of Science in Technical/Scientific Field (i.e., Engineering, Chemistry, HVAC, or related field) or Associates Degree in Technical/Scientific Field (i.e., Engineering, Chemistry, HVAC, or related field) with 15+ years of related technical experience
- 8-10 years of related experience in a testing environment and project management within a product development environment
- Experience in supervising and evaluating a min of 5 direct reports
- Proven hands-on experience and knowledge in gas combustion and electrical as it pertains to an R&D Laboratory environment.
A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
- Bachelor of Science Engineering
- Experience in design, development and certification testing of products. (water heaters, boilers, furnaces or similar HVAC type products)
- Experience in cross-functional project management education or training
At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Rheem.
If your agency would like to be considered as a potential future recruiting partner, please leave your contact information at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]