Location: Harrisburg, PA
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting services dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
RAILROAD & TRANSIT PRACTICE
Whether moving people or freight, solutions applied to address current and future transport needs will be framed by energy prices, the choices made by today’s younger generation to forego auto ownership and live in urban areas, and growing sustainability and environmental concerns. Michael Baker International’s approach to helping rail and transit clients meet these challenges is changing as well, with the focus on developing more viable solutions for planning, designing, constructing, operating, financing and sustaining a modern mobility infrastructure that leverage the ever-evolving world of technology. Michael Baker International’s professionals provide value by first understanding our clients’ needs, then working with them as partners to identify innovative and cost-effective solutions that optimize their opportunities for success. Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 25 rail & transit design firm, Michael Baker International has the expertise to deliver modern infrastructure systems with a budget conscious approach.
Under general supervision, manages the work effort of a professional and technical staff in a specific area of technical expertise.
• Provide technical guidance to less experienced personnel on specific tasks.
• Prepares scope of work and cost estimates for proposals.
• Manages staff utilization by scheduling, monitoring and revising assignments.
• Satisfy project requirements by ensuring that quality standards and deadlines are met.
• Stays knowledgeable of trends and current developments in specific technical areas.
• May be responsible for creating and monitoring department budget.
• Responsible for maintaining client satisfaction.
• Provide leadership and direction by mentoring and motivating staff on issues such as performance feedback, financial management, and client relations.
• Resolves personnel issues, such as marginal performance, policy interpretations, and succession planning.
• Assists managers with departmental business development goals.
• Participates in internal and external professional development activities.
• Performs technical analyses, calculations and tasks as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Manages 0-5 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 20-35 employees in various technical and professional positions. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
Also directly supervises 5-10 non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.