COMMUNITY RELATIONS REP
Location: Augusta, MI
One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
What we do at Skywood is different for several reasons. First, we treat addiction and mental health at the same time in a highly integrated way, looking to restore a person’s physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being. Second, we focus on resolving trauma, underlying issues and deep-rooted emotional pain that often causes substance abuse in the first place. Lastly, we emphasize life skills that help each person build a foundation for sustainable, long-term recovery. This opening will be located in Augusta Michigan.
The Community Outreach Representative is responsible for establishing, developing and growing the assigned territory and specific accounts. The Community Outreach Representative will design, develop, implement, and execute strategies and tactics driving screenings and admissions to all their assigned facilities. This position is responsible for driving results for their region by engaging both new and existing referral sources and achieving maximum profitability and growth in line with expectations of Foundations Recovery Network and UHS standards.
This opportunity provides the following:
- *UHS is Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan.
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Exceeds company performance targets by establishing influence in diverse market segments including, but not limited to: physicians, practitioners, social services, hospitals, professional organizations, mental health centers, unions, EAPs, attorneys, advocacy groups, etc. through a variety of avenues such as personal appointments and visits, phone calls, letters, emails, conferences and community events
- Establishes and cultivated an extensive professional referral network within the assigned territory.
- Generates new referring accounts through effective qualifying and prospecting while maintaining productivity with existing client base.
- Facilitates and maintains effective activity levels for the following: communication with the facility staff regarding outreach and business development updates, weekly facility tours, event organization conference attendance, and all appropriate followup.
- Promotes events in a manner that draws new prospects to FRN and effectively and systematically follows up and maximizes opportunity stemming from event participation.
- Route sales calls to maximize time and travel expenses, meet guidelines for sales activity expectations, and ensure prospects and clients are seen/contacted on a regular basis in a meaningful way.
- Develops, plans, organizes and implements special events in support of the territory strategies and tactics specific to residential, outpatient, and market segment components.
- Coordinates with outpatient facility director(s) to create a business development plans specific to each outpatient in assigned territory.
- Logs all sales activities daily in FRNs CRM software.
- Prepares and executes strategic business plans for new and assigned accounts to fully develop referral potential.
- Adheres to all company policy, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a solid understanding of consultative and solutions focused selling.
- Demonstrates ability to bring insights to customers.
- Must have an aptitude for large account management: managing gatekeepers, influencing multiple decision makers, and understanding the complexities of a transaction.
- Demonstrates professional behavior reflective of Foundations Mission Statement, Philosophy and Values.
- Embraces and champions a Patient Centered Care focus throughout the organization.
- Possesses a working knowledge and understanding of substance abuse, addictions, recovery and co-occurring disorders among adults.
- Possesses a working knowledge of addictions and psychiatric treatment principles and practices for adults.
- Demonstrates ability to identify resources and learn quickly when facing new problems or in obtaining new information; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying concepts.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and succinctly communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of current and possible future policies, practices, trends and developments affecting the industry; knows the competition.
- Must be able to relate well to all kinds of people both inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Demonstrates an ability to listen attentively and actively; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others, even when the parties disagree.
- Must be able to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of conflict; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration.
- Must be effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers and direct reports.
- Actively demonstrates a dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements from internal and external customers; gets first-hand information and uses it for improvements in products and services; always acts with the customer or patient in mind.
- Must be able to deal with concepts and complexity comfortably and effectively.
- Must possess good time management skills, be detail oriented, thorough, conscientious, empathetic and willing to provide the highest level of customer service in all interactions.
Education and Experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health, psychology or a related field is required.
- Must possess a minimum of one year of recent experience in performance driven sales, event planning and business development setting.
- Must have experience in account development and proven ability to close sales.
- Experience in addictions, dually diagnosed/co-occurring disorders for adults preferred
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. MS Office, Outlook, Excel, CRM software)
Work Environment and Physical Demand
- Must have valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to travel 60 – 70% (overnight travel is required).
- Must have ability to stand and walk due to the mobile nature of the job.
- Must have ability to lift up to 40 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to effectively communicate complex topics both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read, write and analyze detailed information.
- Regular use of computer requiring manual dexterity.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.