Location: Erie, PA
Zip Code: 16508
Location Job Description
Description of Responsibilities
Responsible for ensuring that all efforts are made to appropriately staff hours ordered for each patient and to keep accurate and timely communication with staff and families.
- Schedule nurses on existing cases on a monthly basis. Allocate hours sixty (60) days out.
- Mail existing patient schedules to families as needed, to arrive prior to the first of each month.
- Contact and schedule existing and active (NEB report) nurses for new cases and shifts of care in conjunction with nursing Coordinators/Location Director/Recruiter.
- Take calls for scheduling and triage.
- Report problems with cancellations and tardiness to nursing Coordinators.
- Inform families and nursing Coordinators/Location Directors of unstaffed shifts or schedule changes as soon as they occur. Provide frequent updates of schedule status to families and nursing Coordinators/Location Directors.
- All schedules should be kept current and updated daily in SHINE by 5pm.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date maintenance of all active nurses in Encore.
- Assist in the interviewing of new nurses as it relates to availability and staffing needs.
- Maintains accurate records and documentation in Encore and SHINE.
- Assist in orienting new office staff members to scheduling.
- Participate in IOP Plan as appropriate.
- Maintain scheduling process to include reporting.
- Assist in office duties as required.
- Communicate staffing needs to recruiter after all internal resources have been exhausted, for future holes.
- Runs all appropriate SHINE reports to enhance staffing efficiency/margins (OT hours exceptions).
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective phone skills.
- Ability to work well under tight time frames.
- Home health experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, multi-task, and possess critical thinking skills.
- Repeated or prolonged standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Occasional rapid movement and physical agility.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling, up to 25 lbs.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to see and hear to monitor lights, sounds and alarms on equipment.
- Must have sufficient strength and manual dexterity to safely operate equipment, including grasping and manipulating small objects.
- Must be able to discern changes in temperature or texture by touch.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations. This may require physical strength, agility, and ability to function under stressful circumstances.
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to communicable disease, latex, or other sources of allergic response and that cannot always be controlled by the employer.