Direct Contract Locum Tenens Psychiatrist
Location: Yuma, AZ
Name: Corizon Health, Inc
Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Locum Tenens Psychiatrist to join our healthcare team at our Yuma Correctional Complex in Yuma, Arizona
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Psychiatrist
- Must be a graduate of medical school and have completed an appropriate psychiatric residency.
- Corrections experience preferred.
- Must be licensed to practice in Aizona and certified by the Office of Mental Health to provide psychiatric services in a licensed inpatient unit.
- Current DEA number.
- Providers currently in their residency training may be considered based on contract needs.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Psychiatrist
- Provide diagnostic evaluation and treatment to patients on the Mental Health Inpatient Unit.
- Provide psychiatric consultation, diagnosis, and treatment to inmates.
- Provide clinical direction, general supervision, and training to the Mental Health Unit staff.
- Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency of all treatment plans. Create discharge plans to ensure appropriate follow-up and support after discharge from the institution's unit.
- Provide onsite psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of those inmates referred by the medical or clinical services staff. Provide written summaries of history, diagnosis and treatment course.
- Where applicable, provide psychiatric services for inpatients, assessment, and diagnosis, staffing treatment planning, regular review of all inmates assigned. Where applicable, provide psychiatric services for all inmates referred to Healthcare Unit for those inmates in the general population who need regular psychiatric/mental health follow up. Where applicable, provide psychiatric services for those inmates who need to be transferred to Mental Health facilities. Services to include work up and any court hearing testimony needed.
- Where applicable, act as the regular psychiatrist and participate in the treatment programming and planning for the Mental Health Unit, duties include regular staffing and contact with Mental Health Unit staff and supervisor, discussion of problem cases, follow up and monitoring of medication, and general psychiatric input.
- Provide medication management to all inmates admitted to the Mental Health Unit. Provide individual and/or group therapy as appropriate.
- Approve all admissions and discharges into the Mental Health Unit. Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency of treatment plans.
- Provide in-service education to the Mental Health Unit staff as needed.
- Be available on a scheduled basis for the on-call needs of the Mental Health Unit.
- Participate in Treatment Audit Committee.
Apply online or contact Michael Shabal at 615-660-6760 | Michael.Shabal@Corizon Health.com
Corizon Health provides patients wihigh-qualityity healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.