Location: Birmingham, AL
Responsible for maintaining all equipment & facilities utilities and electrical systems in a compliant state within a pharmaceutical/medical device type environment. The key responsibilities of the general mechanic are as follows:
Job Description / Key Responsibilities:
• Provide preventive maintenance and troubleshooting for all facility-related equipment, including pumps, gearboxes, compressors, process piping, etc., as well as general facility maintenance including lights, piping, restrooms, and misc. request. Position will multi-skill with other on site core crafts such as electricians, HVAC and engineers to make sustainable repairs for longevity.
• Perform Preventative Maintenance on critical equipment to maintain a compliant state.
• Execute scheduled maintenance items on a daily basis under the direction of the maintenance department.
• Adaptable and flexible mindset in the completion of unplanned work orders (i.e. emergency work orders).
• Perform electrical troubleshooting for facilities utilities and manufacturing equipment.
• Maintain documentation and history of repairs in compliance with cGMP/GDP documentation practices.
• Perform assigned projects in a timely manner and by communicating needs and timing with end –users.
• Provide support for shutdown related maintenance activities.
• Perform daily & weekly maintenance rounds and review reports and report findings to the Facilities/Reliability Engineer (i.e. pre-treatment water skid).
• Work in a cross functional environment with engineering, validations, operations and quality on a regular basis to support equipment/processes and changes or upgrades.
• Engage and actively support continuous improvement.
• Adhere to all Evonik quality and safety requirements and guidelines.
• Be able to work in a professional manner with all internal customers at the site.
• Follow all gowning requirements as it pertains to maintenance activities in a cleanroom environment.
• Worked in an industrial setting in a maintenance function for a minimum of 4 years.
• General knowledge and practice in the mechanical maintenance of process equipment.
• Fundamental understanding of electrical and HVAC systems.
• Worked in an industrial setting in a maintenance function for a minimum of 7 years.
• Advanced knowledge and practice in the mechanical maintenance of process equipment.
• Experience in troubleshooting of electrical and HVAC systems.
Please send resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]