Full-Time Nurse (RN/LPN) Supported Living Program
Location: South Bend, IN
Provide health and wellness coordination for individuals in the Supported Living department.
Provide staff training to meet the health care needs of individuals served in the South Bend area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide nursing coordination and wellness coordination for individuals in accordance
with all state and federal regulations.
2. Function as liaison and advocate for individuals when dealing with physicians,
psychiatrists, and consultants.
3. Provide health care training to Benchmark staff including medication training.
4. Implement and train employees on new and revised health related policies and
procedures in a timely manner as directed.
5. Participate in regular pharmacy reviews with the consulting pharmacist and follow up as
6. Complete all paperwork required to document assigned individuals health and related
7. Respond to emergency medical situations for assigned department(s) in a timely
8. Responsible for assigned individuals medical files to ensure that all documentation is
present and accurate.
9. Participate in assigned individuals ISP meetings, nurse meetings, departmental
meetings, and other meetings as required.
10. Complete billing documentation for all individuals receiving wellness coordination.
11. Wellness coordination services will be provided under the clinical supervision of an RN.
LPN will submit required documentation to RN for review and approval prior to
12. Perform annual nursing assessments and develop associated health risk plans to
ensure appropriate medical care for assigned individuals. Nurse will update when a
change in condition occurs.
13. Obtain and remain current on any certifications requested such as Mantoux
Certification, and annual Benchmark nurse skill check-off.
14. Other duties as assigned.
15. Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
16. Report to work as scheduled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to express and exchange ideas through verbal and non–verbal communication
with all internal and external stakeholders
2. Ability to effectively train staff
3. Possess the skills to operate independently and/or in a team environment
1. LPN/RN with current Indiana license
2. Experience in community nursing
3. Certifications to administer Mantoux testing
4. Experience working with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
and/or mental illness
5. Valid Driver’s License
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates can apply online at www.BenchmarkHS.com/Careers