Location: Anniston, AL
Job Description BAE Systems Combat Vehicles has openings for Welders to support our Anniston VUOC Site. These positions are Union Represented.
Lays out, performs fit-up, tacks, and welds parts to produce a weldment. Welds various metals using a full range of welding processes. Sets up and operates metal removal and drilling machines/equipment. Performs other duties as assigned.
Position Responsibilities:Typical Education & Experience
- Works from engineering drawings, operation sheets, process sheets, and project specifications. Inspects work using precision measuring instruments.
- Operates manual and semi-automatic welding equipment. Skilled in Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding and Shielded Metal Arc welding (SMAW). Operates oxy-fuel cutting equipment as well as a plasma torch for the purpose of cutting.
- Operates pneumatic tooling such as grinders, sanders, drills, and threaded hole tapping equipment for the purpose of fit up.
- Performs setup and operates machining equipment such as radial drill, drill presses, routing equipment, and positive feed air drills. Uses fixtures and templates to locate features.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
- Work requires high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of six (6) to twelve (12) months work experience in MIG welding and plasma arc burning. Equivalent documented vocational education/training in welding may be substituted for the six to twelve months of work experience.
- Must pass vertical/visual weld certification course and test in either aluminum or steel.
- Must have working knowledge of technical math and the ability to read, interpret, and apply engineering drawings and/or work instructions.
- Must have ability to use precision instruments to inspect completed work.
- Work requires physical dexterity necessary to work in small areas, ability to wear a respiratory device, and ability to endure high temperature areas.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to complete required shop floor paperwork and documentation.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression