Nurse Practitioner - House Calls
Location: Erie, PA
Looking to make around $10,000 in about a month?
Our client is currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner to perform house calls on enrolled Medicare Advantage members within the Erie County area.
You will complete visits on members within a geographic area of responsibility. The nature of the house calls visit can vary and could include performing an annual health assessment, a post discharge visit, or visiting more complex members more than once per year.
- You will be compensated per visit
Positions are available for full time (35 hours and above), part time and per Diem.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- You can perform these visits during the week or weekend between 8am-8pm
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members. Average visit is 45-60 minutes in length. Assessment is performed and completed electronically.
- Responsible for checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick, and foot exam (as appropriate).
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment.
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment.
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform members PCP of potential gaps in care.
- Identify needs and opportunities to generate clinical referrals appropriately.
- Identify urgent and emergent situations and intervene appropriately.
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance.
- Compliance with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI).
- NP license and national certification (ANCC or AANP)
- Minimum of 1 year clinical experience in their highest level of education, clinical setting preferred.
- Family, Geriatrics, or Adult certification required
- Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology a plus.
- Home Health care or home visit experience is a plus.
- Ability to obtain reliable transportation in order to complete home visit assessments
- Strong communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population.
- Proficient with electronic medical records, the internet and access to a personal computer.
- Ability to lift 30 pound bag in and out of car and up and down steps, as needed.
- Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations.
- Ability to sit, stand and kneel, as needed, to perform physical assessment.