Road Mechanic 2
Location: Anniston, AL
Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Road Mechanic prevents and corrects equipment malfunctions at the customer job site for all types of equipment (e.g., mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment), including diagnosing complex equipment problems while following all safety rules. Acts as a professional representative of Sunbelt Rentals with the customer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Services and oversees repairs of all types of equipment to ensure proper working condition at the job site
• Conducts preventive maintenance to avoid unnecessary repairs and down time in the field
• Performs safety inspections on equipment
• Maintains a safe shop work environment and company vehicle
• Effectively communicates equipment issues with customers and supervisor to ensure customer satisfaction
• Adheres to all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements
• Attends and participates in all Profit Center Meetings
• On a daily basis, position requires driving for many hours at a stretch, loading and unloading cargo, and considerable lifting, carrying, and walking each day
• Performs other duties assigned as assigned by the manager
• 4+ years’ experience as mechanic with Diesel equipment
• Trade school or Technical training desirable
• MUST have own tools
• DOT Physical Examination (Medical card)
• Exhibit a clear understanding of the necessity of equipment safety and a high level of safety consciousness
• Ability to communicate equipment issues and understand job assignments
• Ability to diagnose and trouble shoot complex equipment problems
• Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• Must be physically able to work in a jobsite environment for extensive periods to include lifting up to 50lbs, bending, squatting, crouching, and reaching
• Must be physically able to work in extreme conditions on job sites
• Night / Weekend On-Call work required
Gear up for an exciting career!