Trouble Resolution Specialist II
Location: Anniston, AL
Genesis10 is actively seeking a Trouble Resolution Specialist II for a leading telecommunications company in Anniston, AL. This is 7-month contract position.
- Initiate diagnostics and additional testing and data gathering to resolve tickets or document information needed for next level support
- Clearly communicate the diagnostic findings/results with the customer, set customer expectation accordingly, responding to any additional questions the customer may have in a professional manner.
- Follow up on vendor or supplier trouble tickets, internal dispatches, coordinate with other internal and external organizations as needed, and meet MTTR and customer status expectations
- Escalate Trouble Tickets with the appropriate supplier organizations (internal & external) when Service Level Agreements [SLAs] are missed
- Diffuse difficult customers by reassuring customer we will work to resolve their issue in timely fashion
- Act as the primary customer point of contact for the customer throughout the life of a ticket, responsible for providing customer with regular status updates on Trouble Ticket progress, setting realistic expectations, and verify resolution
- Properly code Trouble Tickets with appropriate closure codes, detailing the results of the testing and resolution
- Escalation to management of service interruption patterns, to assist in the identification of potential network service effecting issues.
- Work in partnership with other Client Business service/repair oriented departments to respond to customer issues in a timely fashion
- Flexibility to work varied shifts to provide support to your team on an as needed basis, based upon customer's business needs
If interested and qualified, please apply today at www.genesis10.com!About Genesis10:
- Minimum AAS degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred (to include military backgrounds and Associate's degrees with additional work experience).
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a technical service, IT or help desk environment.
- CCENT or CCNA certification preferred equivalent Adtran certifications will also be considered.\
- Work individual queue based on severity level and prioritizing work based on the customers' business needs and specific situations that could change throughout the repair process.
- Initiate, and engage in conference calls between repair, customers, and higher level support organizations to resolve issues.
- Assist the GCC with isolating outages that are not obvious LEC issues (IPSec outages, non-geographic specific outages, etc.
- Basic Command Line Interface knowledge
- Intermediate working knowledge of networking WAN/LAN topology
- Intermediate working knowledge of Adtran/Cisco routers and switches.
- Ability to isolate layer 1 issues WAN/LANInIn addition to the above, the Trouble Resolution position requires at least (but not limited to) three of the following:
- Intermediate knowledge of voice switch platforms including Nortel DMS, Client 5ESS and MetaSwitch (Soft switch).
- Basic scripting and debugging
- Intermediate working knowledge of Network protocols such as ATM, Frame Relay and Ethernet.
- Intermediate working knowledge of IP routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, RIP and STATIC ROUTING.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Voice protocols such as CAS, ISDN, SS7, MGCP, H.323, and SIP
- Intermediate working knowledge of Voice features such as Call forwarding, Voice mail and Hunting as well as LNP process and troubleshooting
- Intermediate knowledge of Hosted Voice features including MADN, MLHG, Softphone, Hosted Contact Center/ACD and mobile communicator. (Required for Hosted Voice Role)
- Intermediate ability to evaluate client metrics such as overall bandwidth and QOS setting requirements.
- Including MADN, MLHG, Softphone, Hosted Contact Center/ACD and mobile communicator. (Required for Hosted Voice Role)
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com. Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.