Location: Anniston, AL
Currently, we are seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our Corporate Solutions team in Anniston, AL.
The Maintenance Technician must be able to perform the repair, maintenance, restoration, and replacement of various components of the physical structure of buildings and provide assistance to the Engineers and Call Center with tasks as assigned.
- Maintains good facility relations through prompt and courteous response to facility requests within the guidelines set forth by JLL and Client.
- Performs general maintenance within the building including carpentry, painting and plumbing.
- Insure that work performed in facility space is accomplished with a minimum of disruption and is followed by adequate clean-up.
- Review monthly facility service request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems.
- Communicate with the facility services coordinator to establish facility service request work priorities.
- Ensure the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies.
- Monitor the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors.
- Assist engineers in other work as assigned.
- Learn all of the central plant machinery and equipment, as well as, all of the building operation functions (HVAC, plumbing and electrical).
- Comply with all written JLL and regional company policies.
- Subject to on-call 24 hours per day.
- Required to work in all weather conditions.
- Perform general handyman tasks in maintaining buildings.
- Hanging of art work, coat hooks and white boards as requested by facility.
- Set-up desk hardware as per facility’s requests.
- Set-ups and breakdowns of various cafeteria and/or conference rooms tables and chairs, for meetings, parties, and other functions, as requested by different departments.
- Pick up and move engineering deliveries to final destination.
- Support Audio/Video Services as needed.
- Furniture relocation and repair throughout facility.
- Deliver moving boxes; breakdown and set-up of said boxes.
- Work closely with contractors. Assist in providing access to machinery rooms, electric closets and other restricted areas, as assigned by the Assistant Chief Engineer or other supervisor.
- Perform basic electrical and plumbing repairs.
Minimum Required Education:
- Associates degree or equivalent in a related field from an accredited two-year college or technical / trade school.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA):
- Minimum of two to four years in a general facilities environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Completion of written documentation is required.
- Computer proficiency in e-mail and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Outlook) and Microsoft Windows.
- Direct the performance of general maintenance work as needed.
- Oversee the efficient operation of all building systems and to inform the Lead Engineer and Operations Supervisor(s) of any condition affecting building services and facility comfort or safety.
- Physically be able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to work in closed places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
- Ability to work on roofs of buildings.
- Maintain ethical, professional and courteous relations with contractors.
- Act as a team member with the management staff and employees.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]