Accountant (Harmon Reporting)
Location: Dothan, AL
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
We are seeking an Accountant to join the team at our GP Harmon location in Dothan, AL. Dothan is located in Southeast Alabama, less than a two hour drive from the beautiful beaches on the Florida Gulf of Mexico.
GP Harmon is one of the largest pure traders of recycled fiber in the world, trading in excess of 100 thousand tons per week. By focusing on close relationships with suppliers and customers, rather than solely on market timing, we have built a collaborative network of trading partners around the world.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Produce bridge to the financial month end reports
Create reporting with more visibility to promote efficient and effective processes
Manage reporting to assist in workload optimization and prioritization
Support management in ad hoc requests
Liaison between groups for tracking
Service level objective facilitator
What You Will Need:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Coursework including Principles of Accounting I and II
- GPA of 3.0 or above
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced knowledge of Excel (i.e. - spreadsheet creation/editing, pivot tables, data manipulation/analysis and formulas creation etc.), Microsoft Access database structure, and MS Word (document creation, formatting and editing etc.)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Clear understanding of integrated financial systems (Infinium, Infor, SAP or similar)
- Microsoft Office Suite (MS Access) or other database query modules
Knowledge & Competencies:
- Capable of strong economic thinking, problem solving, accounting and analysis
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Business partnership skills
- Highly motivated, willingness to engage and share knowledge
- Willing to lead change, improve processes and solve problems
- Detail oriented with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic, sense of accountability, curiosity, and responsibility
- Basic self-awareness and an understanding of how personal behavior impacts others
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf