Division Lean Manager - MFCD
Location: Irvine, CA
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14.3 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
The Military Flight Controls Division is a $400 million division located in Irvine CA, part of beautiful Orange County California. This is a new division, resulting from splitting the Control Systems Division into two separate and distinct divisions. This growing military aerospace business is integral to Parker Hannifin, and this role enjoys a true seat at the table with the opportunity to help set and direct the vision and strategy of this business.
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
Primary resource for supporting the Division in its Lean Transformation through the implementation of the Parker Lean System (PLS). Delivers practical, hands-on training to associates in PLS methodology and tools to eliminate waste in all administrative, manufacturing and support functions. Measures and reports progress on an on-going basis using the Win Scorecard and PLS Lean Journey Assessment. Trains and develops associates in PLS methodology and tools to eliminate waste in all administrative, manufacturing and support functions.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Position reports to the Division General Manager. Ensures full Parker Lean System education and implementation in all functional areas at the Division, Plant, and Facility level to ensure consistency and sustainability. Provides leadership and direction to the Division Staff. Develops and manages the Lean team, where appropriate.
• Guides all PLS initiatives within the Division. Works with Division staff and Plant level management on Lean implementation using Parker Lean Systems as the principal tool. Ensures the development of a robust Lean Future State Strategy to be implemented Division-wide.
• The Division Lean Manager will ensure adherence to PLS standards at the Division for the Site, Value Stream and Team Improvement Boards, enabling a PDCA culture and progression of the Lean Journey. In multi-site Divisions, supports Plant Lean Leaders through required and special team meetings. Provides high level of technical and operational recommendations in meeting productivity, material control, product quality, and customer service goals.
• Ensures that the organizational structure has been reviewed and that resources are aligned for the Lean transformation. In multi-site Divisions, helps develop Plant Lean Leaders with an emphasis on championing the Division’s goals, objectives, and implementation plans relative to the Lean Journey Assessment, Division Strategy Deployment, and Future State Site Plans.
• Ensures on-going education of all employees at the Division in PLS. Promotes a Continuous Learning environment.
• Communicates the status of all Lean efforts to the Group Lean Manager. Provides documentation of results and benefits achieved to the Division Staff and the Corporate Lean Leader, as reported through Parker's Lean Journey Assessment and Win scorecard.
• Shares “best practice” methods and ideas with Group Lean Manager.
• At least seven years of manufacturing experience demonstrating a self-starting and hands-on quality.
• Four-year degree required, advanced degree preferred.
• A good understanding of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, Five S’s, Visual Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma and Communication Tools, Statistical Problem Solving, ISO, QS9000 or similar.
• Has successfully led a minimum of ten (10) Kaizen events within a manufacturing environment. Has participated in numerous other Kaizen events preferably in both the manufacturing and office areas.
• Good understanding of financial measurements and goals in the Lean enterprise.
• Excellent communication skills to lead and support empowered employees in a Team environment.
• Good presentation skills to effectively share the success and ideas of the Division.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf