Location: Wilton, CT
The Technical Inspector will be responsible for verifying incoming materials received from vendors as well as material processed internally to be in compliance with drawings, specifications and requirements. The verification process includes but is not limited to: physical dimensions, surface analysis, material used, plating, cosmetic appearance, proper packaging, etc. This position will also be responsible for interacting with other departments such as engineering, logistics, and production to determine the cause and resolution of non-conforming parts.
REPORTS TO: Quality Inspection Supervisor
MANAGES: Own work area, Inspection tooling, Material Reports, SAP transactions.
WORKS TOGETHER WITH: Manufacturing, Logistics, Procurement, Dev Eng., Ind.Eng., Customer Support
- Inspect incoming mechanical or electrical parts and sub-assemblies to ensure compliance with engineering drawings and Technical Procurement Documents. Inspector will work off a priority list, determine which feature(s) need to be inspected and which inspection technique and equipment is best suited. At times inspector will need to interface with engineering to obtain information or concur on conformity and usability if spec is not available.
- Document inspection results by writing Material Notification reports for not-conforming parts using SAP to qualify and quantify observed deviations from the product Technical Procurement Document
- Material Handling experience a plus, with use of electric forklifts, pallet jacks, dollies overhead crane and other related equipment. Ability to lift boxes less than or equal to 25 lbs from floor to desk top independently, or 25 to 40lbs with assistance from another person.
JOB EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Closely control the use of tools, materials and equipment.
- Issue non-conformity reports for all non-conforming materials
- Maintain work area in accordance with 5S+1 principles.
- Properly transfer material in SAP.
- Timely and professional communication.
- Ensuring all material gets processed in a timely manner.
Personal Skills & Competencies:
- General computer proficiencies; Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word (and SAP a plus)
- Strong Ability to read and understand engineering drawings used to inspect machined parts.
- Proficient with GD&T ANSI Y 14.5- 1994/1998/2009, surface plate layout and dimensional inspection techniques.
- Experience or knowledge of working with very tight tolerances and specifications.
- Proficient with dimensional inspection equipment (Caliper, Micrometer, Pin Gauges, Gauge Blocks, Micro Hite Gauge, Go-No Go Gauge, Depth Gauge etc.)
- Proficient with Coordinate Measuring Machine a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels within the organization and outside.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed record keeping.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to organize, prioritize, and manage changing priorities.