Quality Excelerated Rotational Program (XRP)
Location: Holland, MI
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
Advanced Quality Engineer Exelerated Rotational Program
This position is responsible for assisting/supporting the Lead Advanced Quality Engineer (AQE) role and their YFAI BOS PLUS deliverables, typically assigned and executed for specific launch programs. This position reports to the Advanced Quality Manager for the International Asian business unit. This position is located out of the Holland, MI Tech Center and may require travel up to 25% to manufacturing sites throughout North America. Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist Lead AQE in development of the Past Problem History Roadmap.
- Assist Lead AQE in development of APQP documentation.
- Support Measurement System Analysis (MSA) Launch plans for the Launch. Execute plans, collect data, and facilitate other gage related activity.
- Assist Lead AQE in the preparation and on-time delivery of new product Launch related Customer Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) packages.
- Assist Lead AQE with any Launch related customer, internal and/or supplier quality corrective actions (8D’s).
- Facilitate delivery of Launch related components and product samples as needed to support Advanced Quality deliverables.
- Participate in Appearance Approval activities as required.
- Support execution of capability studies.
- Assist with preparation of IMDS compliance documentation.
- Attend and participate in System Simultaneous Development Team (SDT) meetings as required.
- Assist/support Supplier Quality Engineer, as needed, including supplier selection, kick-off meetings and process sign-off.
- Support DV/PV builds, including verification that parts meet dimensional and functional requirements.
- Execute Launch related inspection plans and containment plans as directed.
- Support Internal Audits as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Quality, Engineering, or Science related field.
- Good mechanical/technical skills and ability to read engineering drawings are desirable. GD&T proficiency is highly desirable.
- Excellent problem solving aptitude. Experience preparing problem solving documents such as 8D’s is highly desirable.
- Experience with ISO/QS/TS Quality Systems is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Advanced Quality Planning methods is highly desirable.
- Experience with automotive quality requirements is highly desirable.
- American Society for Quality certification, such as current CQT status, is highly desirable.
- Experience working directly with customers and suppliers, particularly automotive related is highly desirable.
- Ability to efficiently execute assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Proficiency in use of a computer and common office software (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work in a self-directed environment.