D&Y - Credentials Coordinator
Location: Huntsville, AL
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The Locums Internal Credentials Coordinator is focused on assuring that the data and documentation that providers submit to D&Y for Credentialing, Enrollment and Training activities meet the appropriate quality standards for accuracy and completeness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct verification of information submitted by D&Y providers for TeamHealth client assignments and perform needed data entries in both TeamHealth and D&Y databases.
- Perform review of submitted TeamHealth provider application along with all entries and uploading of documents into TeamWorks for submission of risk documents for review by TeamHealth Risk Management.
- Verify and validate that all needed documentation is on file for all contracted providers.
- Document process and interactions in database and maintain accurate follow-up information in database while completing data entry, validation and verification activities within timeframe specified on the clinician onboarding plan document.
- Interacts with Locums Clinician Onboarding Liaison as needed to obtain outstanding documents or correction of information from providers.
- Maintain personal adherence to professional confidentiality standards established within the department and in accordance with legal, ethical, and hospital policies.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned by management.
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Job is performed in a well-lighted, climate controlled modern office setting.
- Occasional lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Moderate stress level.
- Prolonged sitting with extensive use of computer/PC and telephone.
- Minimal bending and standing.
- This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, telephone, 10-key, calculator, office machines (copier, scanner, fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week.
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED) required. Some college coursework desired.
- One or more years' experience in a fast faced customer service driven administrative position.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong and accurate data entry and typing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and an ability to learn new computer software applications.
- Ability to perform accurate work in a timely manner and to meet internal service expectations.
- Ability to adapt to frequent work interruptions.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Please visit our website https://dystaffing.com and our parent company's website at https://teamhealth.com to learn more about us!