Associate Payroll Specialist
Location: Troy, MI
Want to join one of the nation's best employers? Interested in providing small and medium sized businesses with solutions that make them grow? Do you like serving customers and care about people? Then maybe Heartland is for you:
We're looking for team members who are excited by our mantra - Entrepreneurs Respectfully Serving Entrepreneurs, and who want to work in a culture built on care, focus and quality.
We need customer-focused, can-do, team-oriented folks who are ok having fun.
What will you be doing?
- Maintains an assigned base of payroll clients with various pay weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly pay frequencies
- Provides client customer support by being in the phone queue
- Manage team member’s client base when necessary
- Provides exceptional customer service support and resolves client issues and concerns timely
- Effectively manage critical relationships between all channels to improve client retention
- Competent in describing the various reports and products available via software to clients
- Collaborate with other divisions/departments as first point of contact to filter and convey relevant information to client regarding compliance or miscellaneous initiatives
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with clients focused on partnership and common objectives
- Proficient at client situation de-escalation and appropriately identify possible Payroll Supervisor engagement
- Begin learning how to troubleshoot and problem solve situations that arise
- Ability to learn and maintain a working knowledge of the Payroll Software
- Interacts with client base via telephone, fax, and/or e-mail to obtain payroll data including hours worked, salary adjustments, special payments and employee deductions
- Accurately keys all payroll related data necessary to process client payrolls timely by deadline
- Facilitate, collaborate and coordinate with all departments for seamless and worry free processing to maintain positive client experiences
- Basic understanding of ancillary product setup
- Work effectively as part of a team for the greater good of the business, with a strong sense of urgency, punctuality and reliability to meet internal and external targeted goals daily
- Attend training department classes for new hire training (30, 60, 90-day plan) and ongoing payroll training throughout the year.
- Initial exposure to usage of WIKI library and all related resources and documents
- Other administrative and clerical tasks as assigned or requested
What are the requirements?
Work ethic inspired by integrity, accountability, responsibility, commitment and peer respect
Detail oriented, with ability to focus on and comprehend numerical and financial data
Customer-service oriented, excellent phone and email etiquette required
Ability to work under time constraints and maintain daily schedules to ensure client’s payroll needs are met
Excellent Analytical and Problem-Solving skills
Ability to multi task; simultaneously interacting with clients as well as internal customers and associates
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Strong organizational and communication skills
Comfortable in Windows PC environment with accurate data entry/keyboarding skills
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Articulate, able to communicate professionally and confidently in both verbal and email conversations
High School Diploma/Equivalent required
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.