Location: Anchorage, AK
This position is responsible for managerial oversight of a construction project. CS usually represents the company along with other workers throughout the project. Although they usually play no direct role in the actual construction of a structure, they schedule and coordinate all design and construction processes and oversee contractors. CS manages, coordinates, and supervises the construction process from the conceptual development (Survey) stage through final construction (Quality Verification and Closeout) on a timely and economical basis. They oversee, with direction from Senior Management, the scheduling and implementation of the project to execute those designs. They are responsible for coordinating and managing people, materials, and equipment, schedules, quality and safety of employees and the general public. This position will supervise, monitor and report the progress of construction activities. They regularly review engineering specifications and architectural drawings to monitor progress and ensure compliance with plans and schedules. Based upon direct observation and reports, CSs prepare daily reports of progress and requirements for labor, material and equipment at the construction site. They meet regularly with Project Managers (PMs), contractors, vendors, engineers and others to monitor and coordinate all phases of the construction project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Perform pre-construction site walks with General Contractor (GC), Local Exchange Carrier (LEC) and tower owner to identify all existing safety and construction concerns. Document on the pre construction NDS02 form
- Any special walks determined by Customer at request. (Site complaint/issues, Osprey checks, asset scanning, or outages) report back findings as soon as determined
- Review OOMs, RFDS, COs and required certifications
- Work with GC, PM, and Scoping team on updating BOM
- Be on all calls that involve sign off of the site (4-way sign-off)
- Oversee construction
- Report any changes to site to PM's, either by Redlines, Change Management Forms, Autoforms, and/or emails
- Work with the CMP closeout Approver while crew is still on site for reviewing, rejecting, and getting photo/document requirements that were not on the OOM when Construction Start began.
- Perform Joint Site Walk (JSW) (post-construction 502 walk) and review GC closeout documents for final true up
- Review Third Party Audits (TPAs), send out to proper GC, receive and check all TPA corrections, upload all TPAs in Quality Management System (QMS)
- When needed, deliver parts to sites to keep production moving forward
- Prepare and deliver daily site visit logs
- Assist with Change Management Requests for any changes made during construction
- Contact AT& T Field Engineer (FE) to insure he/she is aware of construction and schedule
- Request and provide crane quotes if needed (coordinate with PM)
- Perform troubleshooting tasks and alarm clearing duties when called to visit sites with service issues
- Be able to teach a crew member I GC the proper way to complete a task
- Assist in other markets/regions, if assigned area is slow, which could include overnight travel and stay.
- On call unless scheduled day off, so if issues come up in field, can respond in manageable time. Trucks, fuel cards, cellphones, and other equipment paid for by company for this purpose.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Associate's Degree preferred, or five to ten years of experience in construction and wireless telecommunications
- Clean driving record
- Self-starter with effective communication skills
- Problem Solving and troubleshooting qualifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Ability to meet physical requirements including a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day, repeated twisting at the torso, regular lifting of up to 50 plus pounds and occasional lifting and carrying of 30 to 40 pounds, occasional ladder climbing
- Must be forward thinking person who can work independently as well as part of a team to achieve desired results
- Ability to manage and drive various resources to forecasted schedule
- Works primarily in an office environment
- Must be able to sit for extended periods stand walk use hands and fingers to feel and handle reach with arms and hands talk , hear, stoop, kneel and crouch lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds
- Must have the ability and be willing to travel, as required, for job related functions
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.