Rep Mobile Examiner - (P/T) - ExamOne / San Diego, CA
Location: San Diego, CA, CA
Under the direction of the Branch Manager or Field Leader, the Mobile Examiner's primary responsibility is to provide coverage in the field ensuring that mobile exams are completed accurately and on time. Maintain a safe and professional environment for applicants, clients, and employees, perform with confidence all aspects of an insurance exam, including specimen collection and processing duties following established practices and procedures. May also be required to act as coach, mentor, instructor and resource person for new employees who have completed the required phlebotomy-training program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures all specimens are collected accurately and on time.
- Collects specimens according to established procedures.
- Conducts in center exams and mobile exams, which include taking basic vitals, medical histories, venipuncture, urine collection, and EKG. Also collects specimens for pre- employment drug screenings and other Quest Diagnostics services.
- Responsible for completing application packets and other paperwork accurately.
- Label, centrifuge and split specimens as required by test order.
- Upload and complete cases in portal within 24 hrs on weekdays and within 48 hrs on weekends.
- Package specimens for transport and ship to lab indicated on work orders.
2. Responsible for the safe and timely transporting of specimens, supplies, equipment and materials to the appropriate destination.
- Maintains records of each specimen collected each day. Support Record Deletion process when directed by Management.
- Submits original paperwork to destination.
- Provides customer service to clients.
3. Follows current Examiner’s Manual.
- Reads, understands and complies with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Automobile policies and procedures, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual).
- Maintains all appropriate Phlebotomy logs.
- Maintains error rate of no more than 3%.
- Confirms exams with clients day before appointment and status the case at time of confirmation.
- Correct non-applicant errors within a 24 hour timeframe.
- Submits accurate time and travel logs as directed by management and on time.
- Submits accurate expense forms, if applicable, on the required day.
- Properly clock in and out for work assignments.
- Provides travel logs when applicable.
4. Demonstrates organizational commitment.
- Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code and lab coat policies, appearing neat and clean at all times. Be aware of smoke residue and heavy fragrances.
- Wear company issued identification badge at all times during work assignments.
- Reports on time to work, following attendance guidelines.
- Answers the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner, by incorporating the company name, self-identification and a helpful statement.
- Communicates appropriately with customers, agents, applicants, coworkers and the general public.
- Communicates all unresolved problems immediately to the appropriate Manager or Supervisor. Remains polite and courteous at all times.