Location: Anniston, AL
Job Description BAE Systems Combat Vehicles has openings for Disassembly to support our Anniston VUOC Site. These positions are Union Represented.
Purpose of PositionRequired Skills and Education
Remove component parts from input vehicles.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses vehicle status, noting parts that are missing or are obviously going to be scrapped and completes paperwork noting the same.
- Performs necessary disassembly using work instructions and good standard shop practices.
- Calls attention to any special or unusual circumstances found in the vehicle.
- Performs tasks using both text and photographic work instructions. Inspects work using precision measuring equipment and visual inspection when necessary.
- Performs further disassembly of subassemblies as required.
- Performs material handling and moving functions, such as the cleaning and inspection of equipment, normal housekeeping duties and care of hand tools and gages.
- Must accurately charge labor to the appropriate manufacturing work order for the work being performed.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
- High school degree or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-hire training, work in a team-oriented environment.
- In order to reach the maximum wage rate through the progression table an employee must demonstrate ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Must be able to obtain a fork truck and overhead crane license after hire.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression