ATN GMP Electrician Ten 3rd Shift
Location: Anniston, AL
Name: BAE Systems
Performs electrical maintenance work with demonstrated proficiency (skills, techniques, knowledge) required to install and maintain the electrical systems to provide power for machines, equipment, lighting and other electrical requirements in accordance with codes, regulations, and safety specifications. Perform other plant duties as assigned. Performs work under normal supervision.
1. Plans and lays out work, referencing blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, work orders, written or oral instructions as required.
2. Performs a range of tasks ranging from the very simple to complex involving installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and rework of electrical and electronic equipment such as power circuits, conduit systems, and related transmission equipment and PLC's .
3. Uses electricians' hand tools, electrical, electronic, and test equipment.
4. Performs related work and work of lower classifications as assigned. Assist millwrights as required.
5. Works under general supervision, receiving assistance from lower or higher classified employees when warranted.
6. Performs general clean-up work as required.
7. Work requires training in electronics/electricity or electrical experience, familiarity with manufacturing operations and a working knowledge of shop mathematics.
8. Makes circuit design changes on the job with assistance.
9. Understand the basics of hydraulics and mechanically-operated equipment.
10. Uses and make minor repairs on all test equipment.
11. Trains electricians in lower classifications.
12. Assists in maintaining electrical supplies and requisitions materials.
13. Assists in scheduling downtime maintenance and preventive maintenance.
14. Has the ability to operate the electrical maintenance department if no supervision is available.
Required Skills And Education
1. High School degree, or GED equivalent.
2. Completion of 2 years Trade School in related field, or 5 years equivalent training and experience or , completed the Apprenticeship Program.
3. Requires electrical/electronic knowledge required to trouble shoot, diagnose, install, repair and rework complex equipment with a minimum of two years experience as an Electrician 9.
4. Meets all the skills identified in the Electrician 10 Skills Matrix.
5. Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, technical information to mechanics, machine operators and supervisors as well as lead and coordinate maintenance personnel assigned by supervision.
6. Ability to work in team environment.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression