Senior Project Manager
Location: Aurora, IL
We are looking for an experienced senior project manager to join our company. You’ll ultimately be responsible for the success or failure of our projects. Our project manager must be a multi-tasker, who has excellent organization and time management skills, is a superb communicator, and is trustworthy. You are not expected to carry out all the work yourself, but will be in charge of ensuring that project teams working under you complete their objectives in a timely manner.
You should excel at getting the best out of the people and projects that you are assigned. Additionally, you are comfortable in reviewing processes and working with stakeholders to identify and implement process improvement opportunities as you lead a project.
- Responsible for planning, overseeing and leading projects from ideation through to completion.
- Requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several projects simultaneously.
- Provide Leadership and Motivation to the Teams / Projects you are managing
- Demonstrate clear and effective Communication Skills to the Teams / Projects / Stakeholders including project status and if project objectives were achieved
- Knowledge of if/when to escalate to management for support
- Effective organization of projects through the development of scope and objectives, that take into account all stakeholders feedback
- Development of detailed project plans that allow for tracking of progress including resource allocation and availability
- Ability to Prioritize tasks while coordinating changes and a willingness to Adapt as necessary
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Perform Risk Management to minimize project risks to ensure successful delivery
- Provide Leadership in identifying Process Improvement opportunities and seeing those implemented by working with stakeholders
- Solid Problem Solving capabilities that support Identifying and then Removing road blocks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation to include spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
- Verify that the projects produce the required solutions, services and deliverables within the specified budgets and constraints to achieve the benefits outlined in the defined business cases.
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs.
- Understand project requirements and solutions to manage scope and project effectively.
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
- Proven working experience in project management ideally in a Manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in Project Management is desired
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Proficiency with a PPM software tool such as MS Project, Daptiv, Planview, JIRA, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field or equivalent work experience. Master’s is a plus.
- Work is generally performed within a business professional office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.
OSI believes all persons have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. It is the policy of OSI to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program.