Safety and Environmental Manager - Headquarters - Tucson, AZ (Tucson, AZ)
Location: Tucson, AZ
Come Shine With Us!
Mister Car Wash is an industry leader and the nation's largest and fastest growing car wash company, operating 230+ locations in 21 states with 7,500 employees and growing.
As the fastest growing car wash and lube center company in the United States, we are committed to hiring and retaining the best people in the country. We have found that by taking pride in the success of our employees, our employees take pride in their work. We understand that the success of each individual employee is a triumph for the entire company.
We are currently seeking a Safety & Environmental Manager
to join our corporate team in Tucson AZ!
In this role, there will be an emphasis on the development and implementation of new and nationally scalable programs.
This individual is responsible for ensuring the safety of Mister Car Wash employees, customers and property by proactively identifying and minimizing potential hazards. In collaboration with Operations and other internal partners, this person will develop, implement, and monitor environmental, health, safety and emergency response programs while also providing training, communications, and resources for safety and environmental related topics, policies and procedures.What we're looking for:
What you will do:
- Minimum of five years directing safety and environmental compliance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of leadership within the organization
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical information
- Bachelor's degree in occupational health and safety, environmental engineering, environmental science, or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point
- 30-hour OSHA training certification
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or equivalent designations are preferred
Perks for you:
- Provide governmental compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations
- Effectively communicate facility EH&S vision, strategies and performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain critical OSHA records and statistics and provide accurate and timely reports
- Advise, oversee and coach on effective incident investigations and safety observations
- Identify, create and implement safety and health training requirements and programs to reduce injuries
- Advise senior management regarding the impact of applicable regulations on operations
- Audit and review incident investigations, safety meeting notes follow-up, and responses to needs analysis
- Continually seek opportunities to improve the knowledge and skill of the facility associates to positively impact the safe operation of the business
- Provide support, topics and assistance for safety meetings for various job sites
- Administer and maintain documents for all EHS policies, written programs and training programs
- Coordinate safety training and orientation of employees, ensuring all information provided is current and meets regulatory requirements
- Ensure all facilities are operating at optimal level of safety through regular inspections for accident prevention and accurate accident reporting
- Provide advice and assistance during onsite inspections by governmental agencies or following critical incidents
- The ideal candidate will have a consultative style, focused on influencing adherence to policy through developing relationships and building trust and respect with all internal partners. Our company's culture has been built through a leadership style that is inclusive, collaborative and empowering.
- Fun working environment with a culture that is People First
- National and actively growing company
- Opportunity to play a key role framing our environment and safety programs
- Excellent Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short-Term Disability coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Car Wash/Lube Center Discounts
- Modern office space in the heart of downtown Tucson
Besides magnificent national parks, some of the best golf courses and world-class resorts and spas can be found in Tucson. An up-and-coming culinary and nightlife scene, a thriving arts community and an average of 350 days of sunshine per year add to its appeal.