Part Time 30 On-Site Service Representative - Rochester, MN
Location: Rochester, MN
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Works closely with the On Site Services Representative (OSR) on multiple customer sites to execute duties outside of scanning, put away, spot buys and relationship building that exceed 15 minutes Examples include machine fix, data collection, new installations, and labeling.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs data collection at the customer’s site.
- Assists customers with staging, labeling and organizing product at a customer site.
- Perform implementation duties for new customers or new services
- Perform machine break fix activities at the customer’s site
- Trains customers
- Executes product relocation and discontinuation process
- Provides OSR PTO coverage (<30% of role)
- Supports the customer’s product ordering needs, product selection and technical support.
- May assist in customer training based on the implemented solution. Performs necessary duties to maintain a clean, safe and organized working environment
- Ensures compliance to documented policies and processes in order to provide superior customer service with the on-site service and to exceed customer expectations.
- Guides customers to other internal resources such as Technical Support, Credit, Grainger Parts and Sourcing or Sales as necessary.
- Comply with the safety and inspection requirements of the facility where the service is being provided.
- Partners with the Onsite Services Representative and or Account Manager to pass along all necessary and relevant customer information
- Provides excellent customer service by resolving problems promptly and accurately in a manner that will retain and promote customer loyalty.
- May work on-site at various customer locations.
- Executes the Grainger Service Promise and demonstrates, by action, the company Values.
- Executes NRBA standards as escalated by OSR and follow Standard Work
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 0-1 years of experience in related field preferred.
- Able and willing to work in a warehouse environment on a consistent basis during initial training period or as needed based on business need
- Demonstrates a commitment to provide superior customer service
- Effective communicator, comfortable interacting with customers and internal partners in a professional manner in person and via the phone
- Is aware of own strengths and weaknesses. Is open to developmental feedback and takes responsibility for personal development
- Must be computer literate and able to learn required software programs
- Able to operate powered industrial equipment as needed
- Must be self-directing, managing several projects simultaneously
- Professional in appearance, attitude and action
- Background checks, drug screening may be required (as warranted by Company, customer or DOT requirements in working on-site and/or operating equipment)
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in State of residence
- Must carry required levels of automobile insurance
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.