Master Black Belt Consumer Mill - Demopolis, AL
Location: Demopolis, AL
Master Black Belt Consumer Mill - Demopolis, AL
28270 US Hwy 80 West
Demopolis, Alabama, 36732
Key to WestRock’s success has been the implementation of, and corporate support for, a Performance Excellence system leveraging Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology.
We are seeking a Master Black Belt for the mill located in Demopolis, AL. This individual will be expected to collaborate with mill leadership and lead the Performance Excellence effort at the mill. The scope of the role is focused on continuous improvement through the mill operating system, Lean-Six Sigma Tools and Methodology to improve net mill profitability through efficiency improvements, cost reduction, and commercial improvements (mix, volume, customer satisfaction). Other customer, mill, division and corporate needs and initiatives may need to be coordinated through this position.
The individual will be responsible for project identification, pipeline management, coaching trained Green Belts and Black Belts to the successful execution of projects leading to certification and to be an instructor within Performance Excellence. The position may have one or more Black Belts as a direct report.
The position will require intermittent travel (< 20% anticipated) to resolve customer issues, support the mill, division, or Performance Excellence group.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Work with the mill leadership team to develop and implement strategic plans within the operating system(s) to achieve mill profitability goals through the use of Lean-Six Sigma Tools, Methodology, and the Performance Excellence System.
- Be a highly visible valued servant leader for continuous improvement at the mill and the Performance Excellence organization. Champion Zero Loss thinking, be a change agent, effectively coaching and consultative leaders and key stakeholders.
- Lead / support diagnostics efforts and analysis to identify project opportunities within mill operations and value chain.
- Facilitate periodic reviews with key stakeholders to ensure alignment, effective resource management, and execution of active and chartered projects.
- Collaborate with the Finance Department to ensure process and financial results are validated.
- Effectively lead/coach and mentor full and part time resources through project execution and sustain activities.
- Work within Performance Excellence to improve our processes and increase our effectiveness to the organization.
- May be asked to work on or lead projects involving customers, customer service, product development and sales personnel to understand customer requirements and proactively address concerns or improve mix/volume.
What you need to succeed:
- Certified Black Belt with demonstrated ability to execute complex projects using Lean-Six Sigma tools and methodology
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Chemical Engineering or Paper Science preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ paper or non-wovens industry experience required (8-12 years strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to teach Lean-Six Sigma tools and methodology
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor Lean-Six Sigma projects
- Integrity – Strong moral compass and maintain confidences.
- Execution: Demonstrated ability achieve measurable/breakthrough results and successfully negotiate obstacles to capture opportunity/solution.
- Leadership: Able to assume a role of authority as necessary; advocate new ideas with an element of risk; set an example for coworkers; delegate responsibility and empower associates to make decisions; provide constructive feedback to others.
- Communication: Able to clearly present information; read and interpret complex information; talk with customers or employees at any level.
- Leading Change: Ability to effectively influence others for strategic change throughout the organization without sacrificing short-term goals in a continuously changing environment.
- Prioritizing: Able to manage multiple projects; use goals to guide actions and create detailed action plans; organize and schedule people and tasks.
- Problem Solving: Able to apply systems thinking to generate solutions; focus on process rather than isolated events; obtain assessment of a situation and be systemic in identifying trouble spots; use tools to define problems; evaluate alternative solutions.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.